Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Telling Detail Assignment

Sitting precariously over the edge of the rusty brown and cloudy gray cliff, I can feel the grains of sand beneath my ice cold hands. I sit there with my eyes closed and I think of nothing. I am at peace. I can only think of the misty breeze, as it touches my lips and the taste of the salty air. I open my eyes to see the bleeding horizon, where the day's hot sun is cooled by the deep blue sea. A perfect ringlet of my banana curls is blown across my face, but I do not move it, instead I welcome the relief it provides me from the blinding sun.
The silence I have drowned myself is in is broken as the loud thud of the ocean waves crashes onto the run down wall of rocks; simultaneously, it rescues me from the sea of thoughts that pollutes my mind everyday. The waves sprinkle my toes just before disappearing into the dangerous beauty of the ocean and I am reminded of the hours that have passed. I close my eyes for one last time and breathe in the unfaltering healing power of the ocean with one deep breath. Just as another wave leaves, so do I, and just like the waves I will return.


word count: 215

No comments: