Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All About Me

My name is Kira Rosario and I am your average 20 year old college student. I just recently transferred to San Jose State from So Cal and I miss it every second. I guess that would be expected for my first move away from home; however, this is in no way my first move. I have been moving ever since i was little, each time was to follow a promotion my father just received. When i was younger I hated the fact that I had moved around. All of my friends had family near by and friends they had known since they were babies and I became slightly envious. Now that I am older I realize that I have experienced more than many people at my age and all of the moving around I have done has contributed to the person I have grown to love today.

The best way I can even begin to describe myself is that I am a Guate Rican from New York. My mother grew up in a tiny town in Guatemala and my father was born and raise in el cuidad mas grande de Puerto Rico (the biggest city in Puerto Rico), but most people just call it New York. When I was five years old my parents decided to move us to a small town in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. I loved it there. I made friends quickly and with the exception of a couple of bullies I got along with most of the kids in my class, but now that I reflect on my earlier years this may have been because I discovered at a young age that no one bothered you if you are the bully. I made some good friends but at 10 I made the big move to California.

My first couple of years in California were difficult but I began to get used to it. However, I didn't start to love my new home until four years after my move, when i entered high school. I had more friends and I was comfortable with the person I had become. At the beginning of my senior year I got my first job and soon realized that when a person doesn't have their family near by you surround yourself with people that become your family. For me my co-workers were my family. Now that I am in a new town I miss both my families, but I know I'll be fine and if I fail I have two families, the one given to me and the one I choose, to catch me when I fall.

Word Count: 435

No comments: